Sixguns, Sorcery and Science Fiction

Enter at your own risk.
You must be this tall to enter>------------<
Minor children, nursing mothers, and eunuchs advised not to continue past this point----> .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enter at your own risk.
You must be this tall to enter>------------<
Minor children, nursing mothers, and eunuchs advised not to continue past this point----> .

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-Fi Fantasy RPG Forum with few storytelling limitations. This site has a self declared R rating for Language, Violence, Sexual Humor, Drug and Alcohol References, Violence, Big Breasted Women, and Violence. You have been warned.

Thread Tracking

Kieyotie McDermott
    Kieyotie McDermott
    Admin

Thread Tracking Empty Thread Tracking

Post  Kieyotie McDermott Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:02 pm

In order for the Admins to keep track of which characters are doing what where, we ask that a thread story only contain one adventure.

When a certain quest is completed it will be archived and added to the various pages for those authors that have them.

This way characters can divide up after an adventure and start something new without interfering with other story lines.

I am going to suggest that multiple story lines using the same characters be avoided mainly because if someone drops out of the stories it will only interfere with one story line and not several different things.

We just want to help make things easier for tracking later when various people are looking for a specific story.

Thank you and we would like to hear any suggestions you may have.
    Kieyotie McDermott
    Kieyotie McDermott
    Admin

Thread Tracking Empty Re: Thread Tracking

Post  Kieyotie McDermott Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I know. That's why I figure 1 thread= 1 adventure. They can be long, involved adventures, but when the goal is reached, the thread shuts down and everyone goes to the bar to start over.

{Most of our D&D games started in a bar...As did SRP.}

Some of our D&D games would last several playing sessions, but when they were done, we upgraded characters and started something new. I want to continue that tradition with the Fantasy Forum.

I figure people will be used to that and more co-operative with the restriction.
    Kieyotie McDermott
    Kieyotie McDermott
    Admin

Post  Kieyotie McDermott Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Each Thread will consist of one adventure (for the above reasons of massive story changing and player drop out) and if you're in-active in an ongoing thread for more than an acceptable amount of time, the other players can vote you have an accident so they can continue playing.

This acceptable time will decided at thread creation. One advantage to Fantasy is that you can be resurrected moderately easily, you can come back as an undead creature, you can get stuffed in a bag to be healed later, or you can be massacred, eaten, or simply run for the hills to return later.

Maybe we'll create a random character removal generator. "Ha ha, a six, Jimmy got eaten from the inside out by that last jello shot. Turns out it was a baby gelatinous cube. Now we can continue on, don't forget to check all his pockets before we burn his corpse."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm